Acadia University's home for online and community learning
Open Acadia offers programs designed for youth, community, and lifelong learning audiences. We also support faculty course development and the administration of Graduate Education programming.
We have recently restructured to serve our students and community more effectively. The Learning Technology Centre and Instructional Design Units have merged to provide faculty teaching online and on-campus centralized support. Among other changes, enquiries by students regarding Spring/Summer courses and online undergraduate credit courses are now handled by the Registrar's Office.
Open Acadia supports and administers the following programs and services:
- The Learning Technology & Instructional Design (LTID) team is the home of all faculty learning technology support, from the development and design of online courses to the use of ACORN for on-campus courses.
- Online Learning courses offer students the opportunity and flexibility to study anywhere, anytime in both continuous-intake (open-entry) courses and term-based courses.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) Programming team collaborates with our academic units and with various school boards and groups to provide full-time, part-time, and cohort programs for teachers and educational professionals.
- A tentative list of the Spring & Summer 2022 Intersession courses can be found here. Courses and scheduling are subject to change. Registration is scheduled to open Monday, March 28, 2022.
- The English Language Centre offers the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program for students to improve their English language skills before beginning undergraduate or graduate study.
- Community Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Exam Proctoring Services are available for Acadia students and other students who require proctoring services.
- Additional Programs & Partnerships include Class Afloat, MUN Nutrition Courses, Dal Nursing Courses, and more.