Acadia University's home for online and community learning
Open Acadia offers programs designed for youth, community, and lifelong learning audiences. We also support faculty course development and the administration of Graduate Education programming.
We have recently restructured to serve our students and community more effectively. The Learning Technology Centre and Instructional Design Units have merged to provide faculty teaching online and on-campus centralized support. Among other changes, Spring & Summer and online undergraduate credit courses are now administered by the Registrar's Office.
Open Acadia supports and administers the following programs and services:
- The Learning Technology & Instructional Design (LTID) team is the home of all faculty learning technology support, from the development and design of online courses to the use of ACORN for on-campus courses.
- The Master of Education (M.Ed.) Programming team collaborates with our academic units and with various school boards and groups to provide full-time, part-time, and cohort programs for teachers and educational professionals.
- The English Language Centre offers the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program for students to improve their English language skills before beginning undergraduate or graduate study.
- Community Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Exam Proctoring Services are available for Acadia students and other students who require proctoring services.
- Additional Programs & Partnerships include Class Afloat, MUN Nutrition Courses, Dal Nursing Courses, and more.